Q: Templates: what do I get for the "complete package"?
You just lean back and watch your web site appearing in the Internet. Some details:
- registrar and hosting installations
- 1 email account setup on hosting server
- web site template installation
- customized buttons, title, and sub title
- 1 photo optimization for brilliance and fast load
- one spam-secure email contact form on site
- wide range graphical daily statistics for entire site
- professional search engine optimization (SEO) on each page
- first time submission to the major (free) search engines
Q: How often do I need to update my site?
This is not required at all. Some use the same layout for years. Then you'd only need to add new pages to the site as you go. Other companies like to change their look every other year to keep a fresh feeling or adapt to new situations. The site can be modified or completely re-done as needed.
Q: How will people find my site?
Every single page has the proper SEO (Search Engine Optimization), keywords and other page related hidden tags.
I will register your site with a number of search engines, like Yahoo, Alta Vista, and so on. Some of the big search engines now charge a one time fee. I also can research any industry specific sites and put links in those for you also.
Q: What about interactive elements?
I can add to your web site feedback forms, email auto responders, message boards, web chats, animations, Flash and other elements for your site to create a more interactive site.
Q: Can I modify my site after it's finished?
I offer to all my customers a maintenance (webmaster) contract, which can either be on a monthly basis, if you have many regular content changes and updates, or irregular modifications which can be paid per event.
Simple modifications, such as address changes, telephone numbers, minor text adjustments are free of charge.
It is also possible for you to modify your web site yourself. This may be more costly and time consuming for you though.
Q: OK, I'm ready for a web site, what's next?
When you are ready, I will do the following:
1. First meeting or phone call - discuss needs, and requirements
2. Please make the deposit you agreed upon
3. Collection of materials - photos, text, logos, etc.
4. Initial sample drawings - on paper or on digital files. Ideas for the visual style and layout of the site.
5. Approval of one style
6. Building the site
7. Upload to the file server
Q: What are the first steps to get a web site?
First of all, you need a domain name (commonly referred to as URL). You may choose your company's name, or a product name, or a word combination reflecting what you do. It should be easy to spell and easy memorable.
The main level extensions are: .com / .net / .org
Determine your target audience. Will they be businesspeople? Consumers? Engineers? Young people? Are you creating a retail store or an informational web site?
Gather as much related material as you can, e.g. logo, product photos and specifications, company information, reports, articles, manuals, etc.
Contact me if you need help to develop a plan for your site.